Monday, January 14, 2013

Studio Makeover PART 2

Wow 3 posts in less than 10 days! For those of you that don't follow regularly that's a pretty big accomplishment on my part! Usually my posts are more along the lines of 1-2 a month sometimes 1or 2 every 2 or 3 months. I'll be the first to admit I'm not always the best at keeping track, but since it;s a new year I plan on trying to be a little better.  As I mentioned last week (or maybe it was the week before) I am not only int the process of creating a wedding dress I am also in the process of moving my studio. As i mentioned before it is a little bit larger task than I first thought, mostly because I guess it's true you never realize how much stuff you have until you have to move it.  As of Friday all of the furniture except for one 4 drawer Rubbermaid storage cubby has been moved. All that is left now is some general organization followed by a couple really big trash bags (that will eventually actually make it to the trash can)
I have yet to take any pictures of my space mostly because to me it doesn't seem all that special, the room I have moved too is one of my favorites in the house because it has wonderful natural light and generally just a  good vibe for working. It also has a door...my previous studio space was part of our upstairs loft and that meant hiding my sometimes messy area from the world was a little on the impossible side, but the door seems to be helping and as of Friday when someone came over for a fitting they appreciated having the privacy.
In the weeks so to come I plan on starting a couple of new projects. The frist will be the next instalment in the bandana collection and the one after that will most likely be an addition to the sweet dreams Pj collection.  I am also starting a hard cover coffee table book sized portfolio with pictures and sketches and fabric details of some of my most popular designs. I also plan to do some updating to my wix website in the next month or so.  I would like to organize it by collection, the only down side to that is some of customers aren't always so good about remembering to send me pictures of their Quilted Elephant pieces, but maybe with a few gentle threats and a little cajoling I can get my pictures together and get my website better organized.
Hope everyone has a great week and I look froward to hearing from everyone soon!

1 comment:

  1. Your prices are already amazing, but what if you mailed out an extra incentive coupon when people get their photo to you in a timely manner? Maybe at least for the time being while you get samples of people wearing your most popular designs?

    Please take pics of your new studio! We want to see where the magic happens, even if it's messy. :)

    ReplyDelete