Saturday, January 26, 2013

3 dresses and a rainy weekend

I'm back! This is getting to be kind of a regular thing, but don't worry once summer starts to happen that will end I can almost guarantee it!
This week has been a strange one for me.  On Monday I went all out...I spent the better part of my day working on the dresses for Brandy's wedding. By the way that number went from 2 to 3 last weekend when I volunteered to make my nieces flower girl dress as well.  The pattern for hers is really simple and really cute so it's not really that much more work.  The main attraction Brandy's dress is just about finished, I have to install the zipper (yuck), hem the bottom and attach the criss-cross strappy things in the back (they have always been part of the design but I've become rather accustomed to seeing the dress as more of a halter while I've been working on it. Oh well to late to make that major of a design change now should have thought of it a month ago).  All total I probably have a couple of hours left on her dress. Her daughter Adrianna's dress is done except for a hem and any last minute adjustments that I'll need to take care of next week when she comes for the final fitting. My nieces dress is all the way cut out and probably about half-way put together, again maybe and hour or two and it's done, but I've lost my drive to get them done.  I'm not sure what the issue is other than my real job has been a little crazier than usual this week and I haven't been feeling 100% this week but I really need to get my self in gear and get these done.
While I have lost the drive to finish the wedding dresses I have not lost my inspiration.  I got a couple new patterns today and some really great spring material and can't wait to get started on my spring/Summer collections, but first I have to get those darn wedding dresses done!
I was hoping this weekend would turn out to be a great time to work since it's been raining here since sometime last night and it's foretasted to keep raining until sometime early next week, but with gloomy skies comes a gloomy attitude and little to no interest in pretty things.  Hopefully after a yummy dinner and a good nights sleep tomorrow I will actually feel like working (or I'll have to make myself because next Friday is final fittings). Wish me luck and keep watching for new pictures!

2 comments:

  1. It's ok to take breaks when you're not motivated. I've learned that the hard way. Even with deadlines looming, if I'm not into it, I won't do my best work. You got it done though! So proud of you! Can't wait to see the final finished photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mila ~ you are totally right, all I needed was a little sleep and a little time away. Final fittings are tomorrow and is terrible as it sounds these are dresses I am ready to say goodbye too.
    As long as I can get everyone to stand still I'll have final pictures to post tomorrow or Saturday.

    ReplyDelete