Friday, November 30, 2012

The last day of November......where has the time gone?

11/330/2012--

As you can all see I am back to being my regular slacking self and not posting much of anything or even getting pictures posted.  Well the truth of the matter is I'm making Christmas presents so it's really hard to post them anywhere with out giving away the surprise!.  I have realized that I have yet to post any of my Aprons collection (don't worry as of this posting there are only 2 but they seem to be growing in popularity so one never knows what might pop up in the future).

 I also realized that no where in any of my blogging have I mentioned my ''Girls Like ME Collection''.  This collection is all things I have made for myself and are all pieces I would consider my favorites.  For those of you that don't know me well I am a jeans and tank top you mean I have to put on shoes type of girl who loves to dress up for random occasions and sometimes no reason at all! Each piece in this collection (and it will continue to grow) is just for me (not to say I won't be thrilled to add any one of them to a collection just for you). Most of them are very simple and almost always made of soft fabrics that are easy to wear and that look just as good with jeans and boots (or flip flops since we do live in sunny AZ and it was 80 degrees yesterday) as they do with slacks and heals for work or a night out.  This collection says a lot about me and my style and the clothes I like to wear. Enjoy and please feel free to offer feedback!                                          
 As most of you know every year I make my ''Christmas Dress'' and the style varies depending on what we have going on in our lives at the time (translate that into can I actually afford to spend a bunch of money on super fancy material for a dress), how much have I been working and have I actually had time to start working on something for myself (this year it wasn't a concern I focused on my dress until it was done and subsequently finished before Thanksgiving) and finally if I actually have some place to wear a pretty dress; although that guy I'm married to swears I'm crazy for needing a reason more than a quiet night out with him.  All of the factors have falling into place and I have created for myself a lovely black (with white and grey pattern)crushed velvet wrap dress.  I have visions of wearing it with my hooker boots but after this summers ankle injury that idea is still a little shaky, but it will still look great with patent leather Mary Janes (don't worry I'll leave the frilly white socks home). Now I'm off to work on a few more Christmas presents.  With any luck I'll take a  few minutes over the next few weeks to add to my notes just to let everyone (the 2 or 3 of you that read my blog) know what's going on in my world!



No comments:

Post a Comment