Friday, January 10, 2014

Sometimes Life Gets in the Way....

01/10/2014

Hello everyone, sorry it's been so long since I actually took the time to update my blog.  The summer was hectic as always and full of very unexpected challenges in my non-creative life.  I had some family issues to deal with, some emotional stuff to sort through, some health problems to remedy and in the midst of all of it my step-kids were here for the summer AND I changed jobs.  As I'm sure you can all imagine that makes for a pretty hectic schedule and for me it also takes a toll on my creative drive.  If I'm stressed or sad or confused it often leads me to lose interest in anything having to do with the creative process pretty much beyond what I can do with crayons and a coloring book (although that can be pretty fulfilling as well) and I can honestly say I am just starting to rebound to my former creative glory.  The biggest difference is right now I am finding myself focusing more on function than on fashion.  I have been working on a series of aprons, purses, tote bags and scarves lately and finding that very rewarding.  I have made a few outfits here and there and even a dress for my company holiday party, but beyond that my creative drive for long involved projects seems to have taken a short leave of absence.

I chalk everything that I have had to deal with in the last 6 or more months up to being part of the learning experience that we call life, that being said I am starting to realign my focus and trying to get back to some of the simpler  projects that I have enjoyed in the past.  As I have said before, thank you for taking the time to follow along with me on this life long journey as I navigate the sometimes choppy waters of the creative process.

I will hopefully be posting my thoughts more often, but I won't make any promises because I can't guarantee I'll be able to keep them especially since summer is fast approaching and I have lots to do between now and then!

Talk to you soon!

1 comment:

  1. The blog content is nice . The modern country side designs are more beautiful and looks very traditional.
    House Renovations in Bermondsey,

    ReplyDelete