Monday, February 25, 2013

Ok so I didn't wait a whole month....

Good Morning all! For those of you that are loyal followers you know I'm not real good at remembering to update my blog on what is anywhere near a regular basis.  The thought crosses my mind often but usually get pushed aside by another task, or something shiny or the fact that I'm actually driving when I think about it and have realized that trying to update right then even using the mobile app probably isn't the very best idea, but I'm here now and I have LOTS to share!

First and foremost, for those of you that have been following the wedding dress saga, last weekend was W day.  Brandy got married a week ago Saturday in her beautiful Quilted Elephant dress.  She was joined by her daughter Adrianna and our niece Odessa both wearing Quilted Elephant designed flower girl dresses.  There will be pictures coming soon, but the photography team took close to 500 pictures that afternoon and I am still waiting for my copies to add to the website, the Facebook page and of course this blog. I also created a couple of other looks by request for attendees of the wedding. All and all there were a total of 6 Quilted Elephant designs in attendance.

I have also started my Spring/ Summer collection.  Mostly simple wrap dresses, tiered peasant skirts and a sundress or 2, but it is only February (for at least a few more days) and until the weather makes up it's mind completely I won't be able to wear them much anyway. 

I have also received a couple of orders stemming from things that were posted during the wedding craziness.  If you have requested something PLEASE be patient with me. The last couple weeks have been really hectic and due to that fact I am just a little bit behind on a couple of my projects.  I will do my best to make sure that everyone get what they requested as soon as possible.

My final thought for the day is simple...PLEASE SEND PICTURES!!! If you received a Quilted Elephant gift during the holiday season PLEASE share.  I don't have form shots of many of the holiday gifts due tot he fact I didn't want to post them on accident and give away the surprise.  I am offering an incntive of $5 off your next order per picture.  For some of you this could add up to a freebie or only having to pay the shipping charges for your next order.

Thanks for stopping by and I'll add pictures when I can.  Have  a great week and remember...make something it's good for the soul!

4 comments:

  1. Hey there word crafter! I very much enjoyed catching up on your last two posts. Your words make me laugh. It's like sitting with you in my living room over coffee. Your writer's voice is coming through louder and louder. From one writer to another, that's a pretty neat thing! ;)

    I'm so excited to see your wedding designs! I bet you're relieved to be finished with that project and moving on to your Spring collection. Did I send you the pic of the lovely apron you sent?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wouldn't our high school English teachers be proud! I can't tell you how many times I got the comment..."your paper is well written, but I don't hear your voice..." I guess all of these years have taught me something!

    You did send me a picture of your apron, now if only the other 4 people that have them would do the same....

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's because we've grown into ourselves which helps with recognizing (and having the confidence to share) our voices. Yes I think they would be proud.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes I still wonder if I will ever grow into myself. There are many times that I still feel just as flustered and uncertain as I did while writing those papers, but I guess as time goes on we adapt and move forward......as you put it we find our voices

    ReplyDelete